Right, but do be aware of one thing. The form
f1:(word1 word2) has an implicit OR between them
based on "q.op" which is specified in your
solrconfig.xml file for the request handler you're
using.

This is no problem, but if you ever specify "q.op" as AND
either in solrconfig.xml or as an explicit parameter to the
search you'll get a different logical expression.

Best,
Erick