Thank you Evan and Oleg.

This is exactly what I had implemented (Option 2).
My issue is

Evan Pease wrote
> Then, in your Solr query, you can simply add:
>
> &facet=true
> &facet.field=category
>
> You should see a facet that contains each level of the taxonomy with
> counts.

As you mentioned, we get each level of the taxonomy while I'd like to do
drill down query.

For example, if the Solr query was:
&facet=true
&facet.field=category

My intention is to get just the first level as results:
NonFic (8)
Fic (3)

Then if user clicks on 'NonFic' in UI, we want to fetch only the next
immediate level:
NonFic
        Hist (2)
        Sci (6)

Then if user clicks on 'Sci' in UI, we want to fetch only the next immediate
level:
NonFic
        Sci
                Phy(4)
                Chem(1)
                Math(1)

Myabe I can still use PathHierarchyTokenizer, but could you let me know how
to form my facet query to fetch the results one level at a time.

Thanks!