On 12/29/14 5:24 PM, Jack Krupansky wrote:
WDF is powerful, but it is not magic. In general, the indexed data is
expected to be clean while the query might be sloppy. You need to separate
the index and query analyzers and they need to respect that distinction

I do not understand what separate query/index analysis you are suggesting to accomplish what I wanted.

I understand the WDF, like all software, is not magic, of course. But I thought this was an intended use case of the WDF, with those settings:

A "mixedCase" query would match "mixedCase" in the index; and the same query "mixedCase" would also match two separate words "mixed Case" in index. (Case insensitively since I apply an ICUFoldingFilter on top of that).

Was I wrong, is this not an intended thing for the WDF to do? Or do I just have the wrong configuration options for it to do it? Or is it a bug?

When I started this thread a few months ago, I think Erick Erickson agreed this was an intended use case for the WDF, but maybe I explained it poorly. Erick if you're around and want to at least confirm whether WDF is supposed to do this in your understanding, that would be great!

Jonathan