Hello all,

Currently we are using edismax query parser in an internal application, we've
detected that some wildcard queries including "*" are causing some performance
issues and for this particular case we're not interested in allowing any user
to request all the indexed documents.

This could be easily escaped in the application level, but right now we have
several applications (using several programming languages) consuming from Solr,
and adding this into each application is kind of exhausting, so I'm wondering
if there is some configuration that allow us to treat this special characters
as normal alphanumeric characters.

I've tried one solution that worked before, involving the WordDelimiterFilter
an the types attribute:

<filter class="solr.WordDelimiterFilterFactory" generateWordParts="0"
generateNumberParts="0" catenateWords="0"
catenateNumbers="0" catenateAll="0" splitOnCaseChange="0" preserveOriginal="0"
types="characters.txt" />

and in characters.txt I've mapped the special characters into ALPHA:

+ => ALPHA
* => ALPHA

Any thoughts on this?

XII Aniversario de la creación de la Universidad de las Ciencias Informáticas.
12 años de historia junto a Fidel. 12 de diciembre de 2014.