Hi All,

I am using Solrcloud 4.6.1 In that if I use CloudSolrServer to add a record
to solr, then I see the following commit update command in both master and
in slave node :

2015-01-27 15:20:23,625 INFO org.apache.solr.update.UpdateHandler: start
commit{,optimize=false,openSearcher=true,waitSearcher=true,expungeDeletes=false,softCommit=true,prepareCommit=false}

I am also setting the updateRequest.setCommitWithin(5000);

Here as noticed, the openSearcher=true and hence after 5 seconds, I am able
to see the record in index in both slave and in master.

Now if I trigger another UpdateRequest with only deleteById set and no add
documents to Solr, with the same commit within time, then

in the master log I see,

2015-01-27 15:21:46,389 INFO org.apache.solr.update.UpdateHandler: start
commit{,optimize=false,openSearcher=true,waitSearcher=true,expungeDeletes=false,softCommit=true,prepareCommit=false}

and in the slave log I see,
2015-01-27 15:21:56,393 INFO org.apache.solr.update.UpdateHandler: start
commit{,optimize=false,openSearcher=false,waitSearcher=true,expungeDeletes=false,softCommit=false,prepareCommit=false}

Here as noticed, the master is having openSearcher=true and slave is having
openSearcher=false. This causes inconsistency in the results as master shows
that the record is deleted and slave still has the record.

After digging through the code a bit, I think this is probably happening in
CommitTracker where the openSearcher might be false while creating the
CommitUpdateCommand.

Can you advise if there is any ticket created to address this issue or can I
create one? Also is there any workaround for this till the bug is fixed than
to set commit within duration in server to a lower value?

Thanks,
V.Sriram