I gather from your comment that I should update readme, because there could
be people who would be inclined to use bumblebee development server in
production: Beware those who enter through this gate! :-)

Your point, that so far you haven't seen anybody share their middle layer
can be addressed by pointing to the following projects:

https://github.com/adsabs/solr-service
https://github.com/adsabs/adsws

These are also open source, we use them in production, and have oauth,
microservices, rest, and rate limits, we know it is not perfect, but what
is? ;-) pull requests welcome!

Thanks,

Roman