Hi Thomas,

I just downloaded solr5.0.0 tgz and found this in the directory structure:

solr-5.0.0/server/webapps$ ls
solr.war

>> - How to deploy your schema.xml, stopwords, solr plug-ins etc. for
testing in an isolated environment
the cores, for example are created in the:

solr-5.0.0/server/solr/core0$ ls
conf  core.properties  data

Same native solr directory layout for the core. If you need custom
libraries (plugins etc), put them into the lib directory.
Then conf/ directory is what you should be used to from before: it contains
the schema.xml, solrconfig.xml etc.

HTH,
Dmitry

--