Hi Shawn,
We checked this option and it didn't solve our problem.
We're using https://github.com/healthonnet/hon-lucene-synonyms for query based
synonyms.
While running query with high number of words that have high number of synonyms
the query got stuck and solr memory is exhausted.
We tried to use this parameter suggested by you however it didn't stop the
query and solve the issue.

Please let me know if there is other option to tackle it. Today it might be
high number of words that cause the issue and tomorrow it might be other
something wrong. We can't rely only on user input check.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Moshe Recanati
SVP Engineering