On 2/25/2015 5:50 AM, Benson Margulies wrote:
> So, found the following line in the guide:
>
>    java -DzkRun -DnumShards=2
> -Dbootstrap_confdir=./solr/collection1/conf
> -Dcollection.configName=myconf -jar start.jar
>
> using a completely clean, new, solr_home.
>
> In my own bootstrap dir, I have my own solrconfig.xml and schema.xml,
> and I modified to have:
>
>  -DnumShards=8 -DmaxShardsPerNode=8
>
> When I went to start loading data into this, I failed:
>
> Caused by:
> org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.HttpSolrServer$RemoteSolrException:
> No registered leader was found after waiting for 4000ms , collection:
> rni slice: shard4
>         at
> org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.HttpSolrServer.executeMethod(HttpSolrServer.java:554)
>         at
> org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.HttpSolrServer.request(HttpSolrServer.java:210)
>         at
> org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.HttpSolrServer.request(HttpSolrServer.java:206)
>         at
> org.apache.solr.client.solrj.request.AbstractUpdateRequest.process(AbstractUpdateRequest.java:124)
>         at
> org.apache.solr.client.solrj.SolrServer.deleteByQuery(SolrServer.java:285)
>         at
> org.apache.solr.client.solrj.SolrServer.deleteByQuery(SolrServer.java:271)
>         at
> com.basistech.rni.index.internal.SolrCloudEvaluationNameIndex.<init>(SolrCloudEvaluationNameIndex.java:53)
>
> with corresponding log traffic in the solr log.
>
> The cloud page in the Solr admin app shows the IP address in green.
> It's a bit hard to read in general, it's all squished up to the top.

The way I would do it would be to start Solr *only* with the zkHost
parameter.  If you're going to use embedded zookeeper, I guess you would
use zkRun instead.

Once I had Solr running in cloud mode, I would upload the config to
zookeeper using zkcli, and create the collection using the Collections
API, including things like numShards and maxShardsPerNode on that CREATE
call, not as startup properties.  Then I would completely reindex my
data into the new collection.  It's a whole lot cleaner than trying to
convert non-cloud to cloud and split shards.

Thanks,
Shawn