Try removing that first epub from the directory and rerunning. If you
now index 0 documents, then there is something unexpected about them
and DIH skips. If it indexes 1 document again but a different one,
then it is definitely something about the repeat logic.

Also, try running with debug and verbose modes and see if something
specific shows up.

Regards,
   Alex.
----
Solr Analyzers, Tokenizers, Filters, URPs and even a newsletter:
http://www.solr-start.com/