Shawn,

Thanks!

I was using Document Viewer and not Adobe Acrobat so was unclear.

The TOC I meant was as in a traditional print publication with section #s, etc. Not a navigation TOC sans numbering as in Adobe.

The Confluence documentation (I can't see the actual stylesheet in use, I don't think) here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Customising+Exports+to+PDF

Says:

*****
Disabling the Table of Contents

To prevent the table of contents from being generated in your PDF document, add the div.toc-macro rule to the PDF Stylesheet and set its display property to none:
*****

Which is why I was asking if there was a reason for the TOC and section numbering not appearing.

They can be defeated but that doesn't appear to be the default setting.

This came up because a section said it would cover topics N - S and I could not determine if all those topics fell in that section or not.

Thanks!

Hope you are having a great day!

Patrick