I have a SolrJ application that reads from a Redis queue and updates
different collections based on the message content.  New collections are
added without my knowledge, so I am creating SolrServer objects on the fly
as follows:

    def solrHost = "http://myhost/solr/"; (defined at startup)

    def solrTarget = solrHost + collectionName
    SolrServer solrServer = new CommonsHttpSolrServer(solrTarget)
    updateResponse = solrServer.add(solrdoc)

This does work but obviously creates a new CommonsHttpSolrServer instance
for each message.  I assume GC will eliminate these but is there a way to do
this with a single SolrServer object?

The SOLR host is version 3.5 and I am using the 3.5 jars for my application
(not sure if that is necessary).