Sangeetha,

You can also run Tika directly from data import handler, and Data Import
Handler can be made to run several threads if you can partition the input
documents by directory or database id.   I've done 4 "threads" by having a
base configuration that does an Oracle query like this:

      SELECT * (SELECT id, url, ..., Modulo(rowNum, 4) as threadid FROM ...
WHERE ...) WHERE threadid = %d

A bash/sed script writes several data import handler XML files.
I can then index several threads at a time.

Each of these threads can then use all the transformers, e.g.
templateTransformer, etc.
XML can be transformed via XSLT.

The Data Import Handler has other entities that go out to the web and then
index the document via Tika.

If you are indexing generic HTML, you may want to figure out an approach to
SOLR-3808 and SOLR-2250 - this can be resolved by recompiling Solr and Tika
locally, because Boilerpipe has a bug that has been fixed, but not pushed
to Maven Central.   Without that, the ASF cannot include the fix, but
distributions such as LucidWorks Solr Enterprise can.

I can drop some configs into github.com if I clean them up to obfuscate
host names, passwords, and such.