On 4/16/2015 7:08 AM, Adir Ben Ami wrote:
> I am using Solr 4.10.0 with tomcat and embedded Zookeeper.
> I use SolrCloud in my system.
>
> Each Shard machine try to reach/connect with other cluster machines in order
> to index the document ,it just checks if it is still the leader.
>  I don't use replication so why does it has to check who is the leader?
> How can I bypass this constraint and make my solrcloud not use
> ClusterStateUpdater.checkIfIamStillLeader when i am indexing?

You might not need that functionality, but Solr must address the general
case, which includes multiple replicas for each shard,where one of them
will be leader.

I hope this is a test installation ... running in production without
fault tolerance is a bad idea.  Using the embedded zookeeper in
production is another bad idea, for the same reason - fault tolerance.

You can file an issue in Jira for a configuration mode where the leader
check is disabled.  I would oppose having that happen automatically ...
another replica could be added to the cloud at any time.

Thanks,
Shawn