On 4/17/2015 6:02 AM, Vincenzo D'Amore wrote:
> I have solr synonyms stored in multiple files as defined in the schema:
>
> <!ENTITY sinonimi_freeling
> "sinonimi_freeling/sfaa,sinonimi_freeling/sfab,sinonimi_freeling/sfac,sinonimi_freeling/sfad,sinonimi_freeling/sfae,sinonimi_freeling/sfaf,sinonimi_freeling/sfag,sinonimi_freeling/sfah,sinonimi_freeling/sfai,sinonimi_freeling/sfaj,sinonimi_freeling/sfak">
>
> so that I can specify synonym resource in this way:
>
> <filter class="solr.SynonymFilterFactory" synonyms="&sinonimi_freeling;"
> expand="false" ignoreCase="true" />
>
> I'm quite worried because I tried to update one synonym file adding at the
> end the new synonyms. SolrCloud didn't update its synonyms list.
> So I reloaded the core and then I started to have floating results querying
> solrcloud.
>
> I had to stop and restart all the tomcat instances to stop this strange
> behaviour.
>
> Is there a best practice to update synonyms when you are using
> SynonymFilterFactory?
>
> How can I updated the synonym resources, why cannnot I simply upload the
> new file into zookeeper?

I've not encountered the !ENTITY syntax or used more than one synonym
file.  I'll have to take your word for it that this works.

When you update a config resource, you must reload or restart for it to
take effect.  If the resource is used in index analysis, you must
reindex after reloading.  Resources used in query analysis will take
effect immediately.

With SolrCloud, you should reload the entire collection (with the
Collections API), not just a core (with the CoreAdmin API).

I don't know what you mean by "floating results" above.

Thanks,
Shawn