A leader is also a replica - SolrCloud is not a master/slave architecture.
Any replica can be elected to be the leader, but that is only temporary and
can change over time.

You can place multiple shards on a single node, but was that really your
intention?

Generally, number of nodes equals number of shards times the replication
factor. But then divided by shards per node if you do place more than one
shard per node.

-- Jack Krupansky