Thanks Shawn.

Just to make the picture more clear, I'm trying to understand why a 3 node
solrcloud cluster and a old style solr server take same time to index same
documents.

But in the wiki is written:

If the machine is a leader, SolrCloud determines which shard the document
> should go to, forwards the document the leader for that shard, indexes the
> document for this shard, and *forwards the index notation to itself and
> any replicas*.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Shards+and+Indexing+Data+in+SolrCloud

Could you please explain what does it mean "forwards the index notation" ?

On the other hand, on solrcloud I have 3 shards and 2 replicas for each
shard. So, every node is indexing all the documents and this explains why
solrcloud consumes same time compared to an old-style solr server.

--
Vincenzo D'Amore
email: v.dam...@gmail.com