On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 6:27 AM, Julio Castillo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I wanted to learn how to index data that I have on my dB.
> I followed the instructions on the wiki page for the Data Import Handler
> (Full Import Example -example-solr-home.jar). I got an exception running it
> as is (see below).
>
> Anyway, I have a couple of questions before addressing the source of the
> exception.
>
> 1) what is the purpose of the dataimport jar file? Is it used to populate
> the dB?
dataimport.jar contains the required classes for running
dataimporthandler (DIH). This sample app was built
for people to get started with DIH easily. This is not up to date. I
recommend you use the latest patch and build a new war file.
> 2) The dataimport.jar file is NOT included in the war file. Why is that? It
> was recommended that it be added if I already have an existing installation
> of my war file.
The war file is built with the patch applied , so the jar is not
needed. The jar was provided to avoid appltuning patch and building
the war.
> 3) at what point in time is the hsqldb dB supposed to be populated?
The packaged stuff contains the hsql database prepopulated with with
data . Ensure that the jdbc url
points to the actual db location

> Executing the URL http://localhost:2455/solr/db/dataimport
> I get a response with so to this degree is correctly configured. The
> exception happens when I attempt to execute the full-import command.

please ensure that the jdbc url provided is correct , especially the
data location

--
--Noble Paul