Edwin -

There’s a bunch of built-in update processors you can use, including a script
one that allows you to code it dynamically in JavaScript (or other JVM
scripting language).

See https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Update+Request+Processors
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Update+Request+Processors>
for an exhaustive list.  The RegexReplaceProcessorFactory probably will do what
you need.

—
Erik Hatcher, Senior Solutions Architect
http://www.lucidworks.com <http://www.lucidworks.com/>