Jack,

Decision of using several cores was made to increase indexing and
searching performance (experimentally).

In my project index is about 300-500 millions documents (each document
has rather difficult structure) and it may be larger.

So, while indexing the documents are being added in different cores by
some amount of threads.

In other words, each thread collect nessesary information for list of
documents and generate create-documents query to specific core.

At this moment it doesn't matter (and it can't be found out) which
document in which core will be.

And now there is necessary to update (atomic update) this index.

Something like this..

_ _

Batalova Kseniya

Explain a little about why you have separate cores, and how you decide
which core a new document should reside in. Your scenario still seems a bit
odd, so help us understand.

-- Jack Krupansky