I took a quick look at the code and it _looks_ like any string
starting with "t", "T" or "1" is evaluated as true and everything else
as false.

sortMissingLast determines sort order if you're sorting on this field
and the document doesn't have a value. Should the be sorted after or
before docs that have a value for the field?

Hmm, could use some better docs....

Erick