Shenghua(Daniel) Wan <wansheng...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Actually, I am currently interested in how to boost merging/optimizing
> performance of single solr instance.

We have the same challenge (we build static 900GB shards one at a time and the
final optimization takes 8 hours with only 1 CPU core at 100%). I know that
there is code for detecting SSDs, which should make merging faster (by running
more merges in parallel?), but I am afraid that optimize (a single merge) is
always single threaded.

It seems to me that at least some of the different files making up a segment
could be created in parallel, but I do not know how hard it would be to do so.

- Toke Eskildsen