The intention very much is to do a collections API pane. In fact, I've
got a first pass made already that can create/delete collections, and
show the details of a collection and its replicas. But I want to focus
on getting the feature-for-feature replacement working first. If we
don't do that, then we can't make it default, then we create a divided
experience for want a working UI and want the cool new features.

A decent collections API tab really won't take that long I don't think
once we've given the new version a good shake-down.

Upayavira