Company: AlphaSense https://www.alpha-sense.com/
Position: Search Engineer

AlphaSense is a one-stop financial search engine for financial research
analysts all around the world.

AlphaSense is looking for Search Engineers experienced with Lucene / Solr
and search architectures in general. Positions are open in Helsinki (
http://www.visitfinland.com/helsinki/).

Daily routine topics for our search team:

1. Sharding
2. Commit vs query performance
3. Performance benchmarking
4. Custom query syntax, lucene / solr grammars
5. Relevancy
6. Query optimization
7. Search system monitoring: cache, RAM, throughput etc
8. Automatic deployment
9. Internal tool development

We have evolved the system through a series of Solr releases starting from
1.4 to 4.10.

Requirements:

1. Core Java + web services
2. Understanding of distributed search engine architecture
3. Java concurrency
4. Understanding of performance issues and their solutions
5. Clean and beautiful code + design patterns

Our search team members are active in the open source search scene, in
particular we support and develop luke toolbox:
https://github.com/dmitrykey/luke, participate in search / OS conferences
(Lucene Revolution, ApacheCon, Berlin buzzwords), review books on Solr.

Send your CV over and let's have a chat.

--
Dmitry Kan
Luke Toolbox: http://github.com/DmitryKey/luke