Actually, Solr has been supporting Nested Objects for a little while:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Uploading+Data+with+Index+Handlers#UploadingDatawithIndexHandlers-NestedChildDocuments

The schema represents a union of all possible fields though, so yes,
some care needs to be taken with names and mappings.

Regards,
   Alex.
----
Solr Analyzers, Tokenizers, Filters, URPs and even a newsletter:
http://www.solr-start.com/