I am indexing text that contains part numbers in various formats that contain
hypens/dashes, and a few other special characters.

Here's the problem: If I use StandardTokenizerFactory, the hypens, etc are
stripped and so I cannot search by the part number 222-333-4444. I can only
search for 222 or 333 or 444.
If I use the WhitespaceTokenizerFactory instead, I can search part numbers, but
I'm not able to search words if they have punctuations like comma or period
after the word. Example: wheel,

Should I use copy fields and use different tokenizers and then during the
search based on the search string? Any other options?