Thanks Shawn!

We are on 4.10.4. Will consider 5.x upgrade shortly.

-----Original Message-----
From: Shawn Heisey [mailto:apa...@elyograg.org]
Sent: Sunday, August 16, 2015 9:05 PM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Solr Cloud Security Question

On 8/16/2015 12:09 PM, Tarala, Magesh wrote:
> I have a solr cloud with 3 nodes. I've added password protection
> following the steps here:
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/28043957/how-to-set-apache-solr-adm
> in-password
>
> Now only one node is able to load the collections. The others are getting 401
> Unauthorized error when loading the collections.
>
> Could anybody provide the instructions to configure security for solr cloud?

Authentication and SolrCloud do not work well together, unless it's
client-certificate-based authentication (SSL).  This is because there is
currently no way to tell Solr what user/pass to use when making requests to
another node.

This was one of the early issues trying to solve the problem with user/pass
authentication and inter-node requests:

That issue is now closed as a duplicate, because Solr 5.3 will have an
authentication/authorization framework, and basic authentication is one of the
first things that has been implemented using that framework:

The release process for 5.3 is underway now.  If all goes well, the release
will happen well before the end of August.

Thanks,
Shawn