hello,

i'am a bit confused about how solr cloud recovery is supposed to work
exactly in the case of loosing a single node completely.

My 600 collections are created with
numShards=3&replicationFactor=3&maxShardsPerNode=3

However, how do i configure a new node to take the place of the dead
node, or if accidentally i delete the data dir ?

I bring up a new node which is completely empty (empty data dir),
install solr, and connect it to zookeeper.Is it supposed to work
automatically from there? All my shards/replicas on this node as down
(i suppose because there is no cores in data dir).

Do I need to recreate the cores first?

Can i copy/paste data directory from another node to this one ? I
think no because i should rename all variables in core.properties
which are dedicated for each node (like name or coreNodeName)

thanks,

Olivier Damiot