Hi,
Faceting is indeed the best way to do it.
Here is how it will look like in java:

        SolrQuery query = new SolrQuery();
        query.setQuery("id:" + docId);
        query.setFacet(true);
query.addFacetField("text"); // You can add all fields you want to inspect query.setFacetMinCount(1); // Otherwise you'll get even tokens that are not in your document

        QueryResponse rsp = this.index.query(query);

        // Now look at the results (for field "text")
        FacetField facetField = rsp.getFacetField("text");
        for (Count field : facetField.getValues()) {
            System.out.println(field.getName());
        }

Xavier.