Hi Folks,

I need to merge docs received from multiple shards via a custom logic, a
straightforward score based priority queue doesn't work for my scenario (I
need to maintain a blend/distribution of docs).

How can I plugin my custom merge logic? One way might be to fully implement
the QueryComponent but that seems like a lot of work, is there a simpler
way?

I need my custom logic to kick-in in very specific cases and most of the
cases can still use default QueryComponent, was there a reason to make
merge functionality private (non-overridable) in the  QueryComponent class?

--
Regards ,
Mohan Gupta