Endre,
Here is the problem. SolrTestCase4J already brings solr core/container and
a sort of server already orchestrated by a complex harness. Thus, adding
EmbeddedSS makes all things quite complicated, it's challenging to
understand which ones misbehaves. Giving that you need to debug DIH config
I can suggest you look at the short
org.apache.solr.handler.dataimport.TestNestedChildren and use it as a
sample to start from.

--
Sincerely yours
Mikhail Khludnev