I don't really understand your problem here. The whole point
behind SolrCloud is that you simply create a collection where
each shard has replicas and the rest is automatic.

So, assuming you have one collection already running under
SolrCloud (i.e. it's all being coordinated through Zookeeper),
all you have to do is to add more replicas is use the
Collections API to execute an ADDREPLICA command. This
should be done for every shard in your collection. See:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Collections+API

Replicas do not have to be on the same machines, that would
be useless. All the getting started stuff is intentionally created
on a single machine just to illustrated the process without
forcing someone to create a network of machines first. There's
nothing special you need to do to use separate machines. The
whole point of Zookeeper is to coordinate across multiple
machines.

It'll automatically connect to the proper leader, replicate the
index and start serving queries.

If this isn't clear, please describe what you've actually tried and
what the problems you're seeing are.

Best,
Erick