Exactly.  I think I mentioned this once before several months ago.  One can
take various hardware specs (# cores, CPU speed, FSB, RAM, etc.), performance
numbers, etc. and come up with a number for each server's overall capacity.

As a matter of fact, I think this would be useful to have right in Solr,
primarily for use when allocating and sizing shards for Distributed Search.
JIRA enhancement/feature issue?
Otis