Hi Lorenzo

That is neither supposed to happen on 5.0.0 nor 5.3.0 - no matter if you're
using the current or the new admin ui (talking about the angular.js app)

Are you able to have a look at your browser console while that happens?
Do you get error messages? any other output?

What should happen is that an overlay is opening showing a spinner and
"waiting for changes" as long as this modal overlay is open. as soon as
you hit "stop & show changes" it should close and reload the view, telling
you which handlers changed between the time when you started watching
and stopped it.

-Stefan