typically, the index dir is inside the data dir. Delete the index dir
and you should be good. If there is a tlog next to it, you might want to
delete that also.

If you dont have a data dir, i wonder whether you set the data dir when
creating your core or collection. Typically the instance dir and data
dir aren't needed.

Upayavira