From: Mikhail Khludnev [mailto:mkhlud...@griddynamics.com]
Sent: 22 September 2015 10:50
To: solr-user
Subject: Re: Solr Join between two indexes taking too long.

Russ,
Do you mean you accelerate only sidecase with small cardinality, or your
problem is resolved in general and 2.3 sec is fine for you?

Regarding longValues. Is it multivalued? It might work if {!join} parser pass

multipleValuesPerDocument=false into

http://lucene.apache.org/core/5_2_1/join/org/apache/lucene/search/join/JoinUtil.html#createJoinQuery%28java.lang.String,%20boolean,%20java.lang.String,%20org.apache.lucene.search.Query,%20org.apache.lucene.search.IndexSearcher,%20org.apache.lucene.search.join.ScoreMode%29

On Tue, Sep 22, 2015 at 11:30 AM, Russell Taylor <
russell.tay...@interactivedata.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>  I've just set-up solr 5.3 and moved the two indexes into it.
>
> I've tried the join below
> {!join FROM=stringValue TO=stringValue fromIndex=indexB
> score=none}universe:uniA"
> and the qTime was 2.3 seconds
> "QTime": 2326
>
> Which is much much better than before, I also tried the longValues
> {!join FROM=longValue TO=longValue fromIndex=indexB
> score=none}universe:uniA"
> But now get this error
> java.lang.IllegalStateException: unexpected docvalues type NUMERIC for
> field 'longValue' (expected one of [SORTED, SORTED_SET]). Use
> UninvertingReader or index with docvalues.
> The longValues were a conversion of the strings so unless someone
> suggests that the performance would be much better using longs I’ll
> stick with the strings.
>

> Thanks for your help Mikhail and Upayavira now I just need to get the
> firm to move to 5.3 ☺
>
> Russ.

Sincerely yours
Mikhail Khludnev