Hi Gajendra

What do you mean by "behaving odd"? What odd behavior do you see?

My colleague John Berryman and I have seen many ways dismax has "behaved
odd" and we've tried to write about them (it quite often surprises me too)

http://opensourceconnections.com/blog/2013/07/02/getting-dissed-by-dismax-why-your-incorrect-assumptions-about-dismax-are-hurting-search-relevancy/
http://opensourceconnections.com/blog/2013/03/07/the-anatomy-of-a-dismax-query/
http://opensourceconnections.com/blog/2013/04/15/querying-more-fields-more-results-stop-wording-and-solrs-mm-min-should-match-argument/
Chapter 6 in Relevant Search <http://manning.com/turnbull>, where I discuss
query-string methods & term centric search (dismax is a rudimentary form of
term centric search)

Hope that helps,
-Doug

--
*Doug Turnbull **| *Search Relevance Consultant | OpenSource Connections
<http://opensourceconnections.com>, LLC | 240.476.9983
Author: Relevant Search <http://manning.com/turnbull>
This e-mail and all contents, including attachments, is considered to be
Company Confidential unless explicitly stated otherwise, regardless
of whether attachments are marked as such.