There is also facet.limit which says how many facet entries to return.
Is that catching you?

The document either matches your query, or doesn't. If it does, then all
values of the Parameter field should be included in your faceting. But,
perhaps not all facet buckets are being returned to you - hence try
facet.limit = 100 or such

Upayavira