Sounds exactly like our tool Quepid http://quepid.com :) which is our test
driven search toolbox.

Whether or not Quepid is the right fit for your application, we advocate
for a style of work called Test-Driven Relevancy.
http://opensourceconnections.com/blog/2013/10/14/what-is-test-driven-search-relevancy/

I've used both functional tests through Quepid and for clients that are
very particular or have the right analytics data judgement-list based
tests. Judgement lists are basically expert-graded ratings of results. The
decision when to use which really depends on the other side of the table.
Who is defining search correctness? How is it defined? Some organizations
have a lot of infrastructure to do this, and can give you judgement data to
tell you what the right answer is. Other organizations have much softer
requirements and are not as experienced with search. Sometimes ad-hoc,
assertion based testing is right for them.

Really the biggest question is how you define search correctness. Search is
an unique a piece of the user experience as any other part of the
application. You likely don't have the right expertise to define what
relevant means for your application. So a big part of our view of
test-driven relevancy is collaborating with domain/content/user experts
that can help define the right experience.

Shoot me an email if you want to chat at some point,
Cheers,
-Doug