Hi,

I'm bumping on the following problem with update XML messages. The idea
is to record the number of clicks for a document: each time, a message
is sent to .../update such as this one:

<add>
<doc>
<field name="Id">abc</field>
<field name="Clicks" update="set">1</field>
<field name="Boost" update="set">1.05</field>
</doc>
</add>

(Clicks is an int field; Boost is a float field, it's updated to reflect
the change in popularity using a formula based on the number of clicks).

At the moment in the dev environment, changes are committed immediately.

When a document is updated, the changes are indeed reflected in the
search results. If I click on the same document again, all goes well.
But  when I click on an other document, the latter gets updated as
expected but the former is plainly deleted. It can no longer be found
and the admin core Overview page counts 1 document less. If I click on a
3rd document, so goes the 2nd one.

The schema is the default one amended to remove unneeded fields and add
new ones, nothing fancy. All fields are stored="true" and there's no
<copyField>. I've tried versions 5.2.1 & 5.3.1 in standalone mode, with
the same outcome. It looks like a bug to me but I might have overlooked
something? This is my first attempt at atomic updates.

Thanks,
John.