Hi,

I've noticed that currently the SynonymFilter replaces the original token with the configured tokens list (which includes the original matched token) and each one of these tokens is of type "word". Wouldn't it make more sense to only mark the original token as type "word" and the the other tokens as "synonym" types? In addition, once payloads are integrated with Solr, it would be nice if it would be possible to configure a payload for synonyms. One of the requirements we're currently facing in our project is that matches on synonyms should weigh less than exact matches.

cheers,
Uri