Hi Scott,

Thank you for your response and suggestions.

With respond to your questions, here are the answers:

1. I take a look at Jieba. It uses a dictionary and it seems to do a good
job on CJK. I doubt this problem may be from those filters (note: I can
understand you may use CJKWidthFilter to convert Japanese but doesn't
understand why you use CJKBigramFilter and EdgeNGramFilter). Have you tried
commenting out those filters, say leave only Jieba and StopFilter, and see
if this problem disppears?
*A) Yes, I have tried commenting out the other filters and only left with
Jieba and StopFilter. The problem is still there.*

2.Does this problem occur only on Chinese search words? Does it happen on
English search words?
*A) Yes, the same problem occurs on English words. For example, when I
search for "word", it will highlight in this way: <em> wor<em>d*

3.To use FastVectorHighlighter, you seem to have to enable 3 term*
parameters in field declaration? I see only one is enabled. Please refer to
the answer in this stackoverflow question:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/25930180/solr-how-to-highlight-the-whole-search-phrase-only
*A) I have tried to enable all 3 terms in the FastVectorHighlighter too,
but the same problem persists as well.*

Regards,
Edwin