To get answer for why 15, you can use field analysis for index/query and see that "15%" is probably tokenized and as both 15 and 15%.

Emir

On 06.11.2015 20:22, Erick Erickson wrote:
I'm not sure what the question your asking is. You say
that you have debugged the query and the score for 15 is
higher than the ones below it. What's surprising about that?

Are you saying you don't understand how the score is
calculated? Or the output when adding &debug=true
is inconsistent or what?

Best,
Erick