On Mon, Nov 16, 2015 at 5:08 PM, Todd Long <lon...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Mikhail Khludnev wrote
> > "External merge" join helps to avoid boilerplate caching in such simple
> > cases.
>
> Thank you for the reply. I can certainly look into this though I would have
> to apply the patch for our version (i.e. 4.8.1). I really just simplified
> our data configuration here which actually consists of many sub-entities
> that are successfully using the SortedMapBackedCache cache. I imagine this
> would still apply to those as the queries themselves are simple for the
> most
> part.

It's worth to mention that for really complex relations scheme it might be
challenging to organize all of them into parallel ordered streams.

> I assume performance-wise this would only require the single table
> scan?

It sounds like that. But I'm an expert to comment in precise terms.

> I'm still very much interested in resolving this Berkley database cache
> issue. I'm sure there is some minor configuration I'm missing that is
> causing this behavior. Again, I've had no issues with the
> SortedMapBackedCache for its caching purpose... I've tried simplifying our
> data configuration to only one thread with a single sub-entity with the
> same
> results. Again, any help would be greatly appreciated with this.

threads... you said? Which ones? Declarative parallelization in
EntityProcessor worked only with certain 3.x version.