We had 32 shards of 30GB each. The query performance was awful. We decided to
split shards for all of them. Most of them went fine but for 3 shards that
fine but <shard>_0 is definitely wrong. The parent shard is inactive and now
the split shards are active.
I tried deleteshard on the splitshards to split it again but it does not all
deleteshard on active shards. Running splitshard again on parent shard
failed.

I am unsure of what the options are at this point and query went from bad
performance to not working at all.

Please advise.

Thanks.