Hello,
My team is trying to write a SearchComponent that will limit the amount of
queries a certain user can run in parallel at any given moment. We want to
do this to avoid a certain user from slowing Solr down to much.

 In the search component, we can identify the user sending the request, and
we keep a static map containing data on how many queries the user is
currently running. In the prepare method we increment the entry in the map,
and assert that it is not too big. In finishStage we decrement it.

However, when i tried testing my component by running several queries in
parallel from a single user, it seemed like Solr somehow runs the queries
serially and not in parallel. Every time my component's code is executed it
believes the user isnt running any other queries as finish Stage had been
called on the previous query before prepare is being called on the new
query. What do you think? Is writing such a component a bad idea? Am I
missing something?