Can you confirm that the indexes *are* in place on disk before you shut
down? Whilst it may seem like indexes are being removed, this would seem
extremely unlikely, and the explanation is likely something else.

Try looking at your index files, post some content, commit, look again
at your index files, then shut down. What changes have you seen? Did the
commit 'take' and cause the files to be written?

Upayavira