I have started with one Zookeeper to test things and I have the following
questions

1) In my zoo.cfg I have defined
tickTime=4000
dataDir=C:\\Solr\\Zookeeper\\zookeeper-3.4.6\\data
clientPort=2183

the strange thing is that it picks up dataDir and clientPort but always
keeps tickTime = 3000. Any idea why?

2) It is clear from the documentation how to create an ensemble of
Zookeepers on 3 machines but what I am not sure about is how to
      a)  Setup actual Solr on 2 machines (is it just installing Solr on
each server and then passing the same zookeeper ensemble)?
      b) How to (using Solr Cloud) create 2 shards spread on 2 machines
with each machine having a replica of the other for high availability. So
server1 will have shard1 and replica2 and server2 will have shard2 and
replica1?

Comments and feedback are appreciated.

Regards,
Salman