How are you splitting your core to shards? And why? You should only shard
when you cannot get reasonable performance on a single shard. To increast
the queries-per-second, simply add replicas.

And if at all possible, it would be much less error-prone to just re-index
your data into a collection that was created with shards.

really, this seems like an XY problem. You're asking about specific actions
without explaining what you want to accomplish at a high level.

So why are you going to SolrCloud in the first place? Do you want to go
from a single index to a sharded one? Why? What do you expect to gain?

Best,
Erick