Not that hard to setup a cron and diff job and email when the diff is
not-empty. A sort-of "is that what you expected" report.

But, for myself, I also prefer schema and then managed. I do not like
schemaless mode, even for development. Instead, I prefer to do
"dynamicField *".

P.s. I am thinking of doing a video/webinar show-casing the RAD method
based on the dynamicField *, as I see many people really do not get
the workflow around it. If that's something people are interested in,
let me know directly and/or subscribe to the newsletter at
http://www.solr-start.com/ for an announcement. I'll treat the
subscriptions over the next 24 hours as a vote :-)

----
http://www.solr-start.com/